Lost in my Safe-Haven


Sometimes I need to clear my head and have a good place to think and the best place to do it is a coffee shop.




Walking into the shop as the sweet, bitter smell of coffee infuses your senses makes me feel at home.

The sounds. Change being administered to paying customers, liquid spilling onto the counter staining it a color of light brown, the screeching of machines, the typing of computer keys and small conversations echoing around you....... all of these sounds make up a safe-haven for my thoughts to spring out of their writers block prison and be free to dance around me in creative song. After all, it is where J.K Rowling started to write Harry Potter.

I am free to escape the world and enjoy my short time immersed in my subconscious.

(Except, when I have to make the hardest decision of what to order EVERY. DAMN. TIME.  since I'm so indecisive and like a variety of things.)

Although, I am not always alone when I take the trip to the green circle with the mermaid,
in fact most of the time I'm actually enjoying my friends company alongside me as we sing-along to anthems in the car on the way there.

Yes. Those trips happen often.

Most of my friends get their usual where as (like I said) I'm an indecisive bitch. But, that's what makes the trip exciting. I never know what I'm going to get until I'm forced by the workers in the aprons to order immediately even when there is no one there.

One of these days I hope to visit a coffee shop in London. That would make me extremely happy. 

(I guess Paris too...)

Hell, one of these days I need to move to London, where I can roam the rainy stone streets and ride the bright (red) double-decker buses to any destination that pleases me. 

Until that day, my imagination will be stuck to grow in a coffee shop. 

Find your safe-haven. 

Finding these places where your mind can be free is a necessity of life. They are a bridge into another dimension that you can cross and need to cross. 

All you need to do is take the first step and greet your imagination with a hip bump and a handshake.

That would make him happy. 


16 comments:

  1. "Until that day, my imagination will be stuck to grow in a coffee shop."
    This is a great line, and a great post for that matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. our lives.

    Your voice here just makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indecisive bitch. HA. I'm sitting in seminary and I just busted up laughing. Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. greet your imagination. I think I will.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, the anthems in the car really got me and hit me hard. Love you, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is great. I think you're great. So good. I admire this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I screamed. I love that you wrote about this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, this is good. London coffee shops. Something poetic about that.

    I once wrote a short play in a coffee shop downtown. You captured the feeling in this post.

    And sometimes during the summer I wake up early and go to Paradise (the bakery on Main street, not the idea) and write.

    It's not London, but it feels like it. Sort of.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This made me want to write. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't think of a better compliment than this.

      (Okay, I'll leave you alone now.)

      Delete
  10. "That would make me extremely happy"
    that would make me extremely happy too!

    ReplyDelete