Layers of Dust


Lately I haven't felt like my old exciting self. 


I feel like I'm collecting layers of dust provided by the moving, breathing people around me.

I'm tired. Sitting on a shelf of my own despair while my painted eyes examine the room I'm stuck to look pretty in.

But, looking around, any meaning flies around in my head, finding something to latch on to as my mind rejects it like poison.

Going to bed and realizing that I'm going to have to wake up and face another shitty day is what I dread most of all and it's definitely not the highlight of the day.

Being at home, I have too much time to sit and think about my future and what it all means instead of going out and creating my future myself. Looking outside, I can see tiny glimpses of what's down the road and I don't know which path I need to take to get me where I need to be.

I'm stuck in the vast world of Wonderland and the deceiving cat keeps leading me the wrong way and I need to know how to wake up from the dream he's trapped me in. I want to remember how the joy of life feels as if the world is my giant playground full of endless possibilities instead of the world being a dusty damp shelf that my porcelain body sits on in an old, quiet room.

I need some Peachy-O's.

-DiMiTRi Snow

8 comments:

  1. that's how I feel about peachy-o's too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I want to remember how the joy of life feels as if the world is my giant playground full of endless possibilities instead of the world being a dusty damp shelf that my porcelain body sits on in an old, quiet room."
    You described this feeling so perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just really liked this. I could feel your emotion here. So real.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just re read this and went to comment if I handn't before, but I had, so, I really just wanted to say again that every time I read one of your posts I feel as if im talking to an actual person. Then, when i finish I get to the end and let out a big sigh, and I say, "ditto," to everything here.

    ReplyDelete