Cordelia


-Cordelia- 


Throughout the years she's been in the shadows, watching me as a child and every now and then I would see blurry glimpses of her but always questioned if she was really there and actually existed.

Her lips would whisper into my ear telling me what the other children said was true, leave me alone in a dark forest telling me that no matter what I did I would never find the path to lead me home, and always filled my dreams with her sweet darkness.

I never had face-to-face contact with Cordelia until she brought me a new discovery when I was 13 years old, permanently linking herself to me. What she brought to me was beautiful, something I've never seen before and it was all mine. From then on her blurriness started to fade and she became clearer as the years went by and.........

I would see her more often.

Instead of seeing her every 2 weeks, I now see her on a daily basis bringing me her once delicious box of treats that has now become rotten and spoiled.

But I need it to survive.

Her fingers are wrapped around me like layers of string imprisoning me to do her will and no matter what I do, I can't get out. She's holding me against her with all her power and I've told her multiple times that I want her to leave but, we both know she's not leaving anytime soon.

As soon as I keep my distance, she draws me near like a Siren with her enchanting music and luring voice crashing my ship into the sharp rocks and pulls me down into the water, drowning me as her lips curl into a smile only to repeat the cycle over and over again.

She tells me it's who I am and that it's what I like and... I believe her but, I don't want to accept it and probably never will.

Cordelia is.......my addiction........my trial.......my desire.....my future......my true love......my strength.......and my weakness ALL IN ONE.

I love you Cordelia. Go to Hell.

-DiMiTRi Snow

10 comments:

  1. I have no idea what's going on or what anything means but I was very captivated and I could actually see this, Cordelia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cordelia is a representation of my addiction and struggle and everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. for some reason im obsessed with the last line. you bet i stole it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like I already commented on this but I really just enjoy the descriptive ways that you visualized and brought the post to life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. same, sandra reid.
    that last line, a summation of human nature. loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone. Comments make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, rereading this for the hundredth time and I'm still captivated by these words. I love you, Mr. Snow.

    ReplyDelete