High School Memories


While my high school experience has definitely been full of shitty times it's also been full of wonderful memories that looking back on brings tears to my eyes with an extra smile on the side.


I remember going to see "The Amazing Spider-Man" with Brooke (which was both of our first dates), ordering a large popcorn, talking about how we both loved Andrew Garfield and then after that posing with cardboard cut-outs of Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis that were promoting "The Campaign" because we're weird like that.

I remember finally learning how to tie a tie during the production of "White Christmas" with the help of my guy friends because before that I just had my dad tie them and then left them that way.

I remember all of those fantastic trips to Seven Peaks over the summer.

I remember when I first met the King of Nike and made fun of his obsession (which he didn't take to lightly).

I remember when Sarah thought a Hobbit was actually called "a Bobbit" and thought it was a large bunny rabbit.

I remember that one Club Tech when I still remembered the 'Single Ladies' choreography and basically performed it for everyone while the spotlight was shining down on me. (embarassing times.)

I remember when I saw Kira Hanneman dance at the "West Side Story" auditions and screaming because she was so good then later falling on the floor when I found out we were going to be a couple/dance partners in the show.

I remember living off of vending machine food, $1 Wal-Mart bread and McDonalds during long rehearsals.

I remember everyone touching Peyton's green underwear before a show because it was "lucky" and then later buying the same kind because they looked damn comfortable.

I remember writing down everything funny Wilson would say in my iPhone notes so I would remember it later.

I remember my first visit to Beto's at 1:00a.m.

I remember dancing SOO hard to "Applause" with my friends right in front of the speaker that shorts completely ripped all the way up the crotch.

I remember dressing up like a scary, balding, murderous clown for the haunted walk-through during Halloween and scaring the living crap out of people and then later ordering from the drive-thru at McDonalds still wearing my costume.

I remember making endless "Miranda Sings" Vlogs with Sarah and Baylee during German class because there was nothing else to do besides finishing our crossword puzzles.

I remember when were afraid of the Chick-Fil-A cow at the Football game. (We still are.)

I remember the amazing and dramatic trip to Disneyland with Productions and asking her to Prom on Splash Mountain.

I remember the late nights we had talking on Skype while we all played Video Games at our houses alone but feeling like we had company.

I remember Film Lit with Corinne and how we would laugh at our jokes.

I remember waiting for ARTPOP was released early in Japan on our trip to SLC to see Brian Stokes Mitchell and I searched everywhere online for it until I found it.

I remember when my brother told me that his friend watched my Vlogs on my YouTube channel with his older brother and watched the one called "I Would Eat A Tub of Butter For Dallin Farrell" staring Baylee and Sarah only to find out... his older brother was Dallin Farrell. (We can't even talk about it.)

I remember singing "Toxic" with Crystal at a karaoke party and SLAYING.

I remember all of our trips to Fongs and Starbucks.

I remember sacrificing a cardboard cut-out of Justin Bieber with my friends in a big fire on 12/12/12 (the day the world was supposed to end) BUT, because we sacrificed it, we saved the world from ending.

I remember dancing along with the Ruesch twins to Michael Jackson's "Beat It" and then having someone ask me if they were my brothers.

I remember when Sarah thought orange peels were poisonous.

I remember filming all of those hilarious music videos in Gary Dunn's class.

I remember when Kira gave me a bear on Valentines Day and I thought I might die.

I remember when Stephen called my music "Teenage Girl Music" and I simply laughed in his face.

I remember showing my friends what "Game of Thrones" was.

I remember taking all of those model shots.

I remember when he finally cut off the horribly disgusting Jedi Braid.

I remember running into the automatic door at Wal-Mart after buying "Downton Abbey Season 3" and breaking it but not caring because I was in the middle of a crisis.

I remember all of those long 'Le Bus' trips where everyone would cuddle with each other.

I remember me and Sarah trying to find that movie until midnight when we were extremely sore.

I remember when Adam called me and said that Beyoncé released a secret album, driving home, crying, 
purchasing it immediately and then listening to it until two in the morning.

I remember when I told him that this is his last year of High School and that I would miss him and dearly love

him that he pulled me into hug him, buried his face in my shoulder and cried for the first time in front of anyone. 

I remember when I was cast as 'Marius' in "Les Miserables".


I remember when they told me Itzel died and I didn't believe them.

I remember all of the suicides this year.

I remember loving you and wishing we could be together.




As much as I deny hating High School, I've had good time here.

But now it's time to start a new chapter.

Wish me luck.




-DiMiTRi Snow




6 comments:

  1. Literally crying at laughing out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, darling. Make it good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahahahaha yeah high school sucked, but we had good memories. i loved all the jake references. and not going to lie i got pretty emotional thinking about les mis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahah k you win high school. and your fast food references are giving me life right now.

    ReplyDelete