All The World's A Stage


Its me again...... I feel like the only way I can really express what I'm feeling right now is not talking with friends who don't understand but through this blog. 

In "V for Vendetta" a quote I love is -"Everybody is special. Everybody. Everybody is a hero, a lover, a fool, a villain. Everybody. Everybody has their story to tell."

I ask myself "what is my story?" What am I to accomplish in this life. Will I be the hero? The lover? The fool? The villain? What significant role am I to play in this elaborate chess game of life? I've noticed how a lot of the times I put myself down because I'm not as good-looking as "the King" or not as smart as "the Queen" and that I seem to be the worn-down castle at the far end of the board or even a measly pawn stuck in the front. I ask myself (and I'm sure a lot of you do too) if this will all be worth it in the end. Will I actually be able to be with the one I end up spending the rest of my life with in heaven or will that change once I get up there? 

My life is an ocean of questions that never runs dry. 

Throughout my years I've also noticed how friends come and go and don't stay with you forever even though at that moment you think they will. A person that I was friends with in Junior High I never speak to anymore or even someone that you just became friends that day could change within the night. 

But, there's always those people that somehow remain in your life no matter what. 

God puts people in our lives for a reason and we're put in people's lives for a reason so that in the end we can learn more about ourselves. 

Like Shakespeare made Jaques say in "As You Like It", "All the world's a stage. And all the men and women merely players, they have their exits and entrances, and one man in his time plays many parts...."

We are all trying to figure out what role we are playing but the problem is that we are constantly switching to different roles when they are needed.

I think that sometimes we forget that after traveling across the board as the "measly pawn" we can transform into "a queen". 

It may take some time but it will make sense in the end. Hopefully. 

-DiMiTRi Snow


2 comments:

  1. "My life is an ocean of questions that never runs dry."

    UGH. I WISH I'D WRITTEN THOSE WORDS THEY ARE SO GOOD.
    Really glad you're back to writing. #youbelong

    ReplyDelete