People of the Past


I apologize for the lazy ass that I've been for not posting for 2 weeks but now I've had a lot of time to think.

Last week, I was in the forest with some friends, playing games, etc. and I was looking at the beautiful stars

and the moon

And I had this sudden realization that the moon hanging above our heads has been glanced by people of the past.

Julius Caesar has looked at our moon.
Shakespeare has looked at our moon.
Jesus Christ has looked at our moon.
Martin Luther King has looked at our moon.
Joan of Arc has looked at our moon.

Whenever I read about people from the past it almost seems like they are from a different world entirely but looking at the cloudless night sky made me understand that we've shared this planet and our world is always changing.

What once was is lost.

What is will be lost.

and whats in store has yet to come.

My visit to nature was a nice, intimate experience with the the trees and rocks.

Sure I've visited the forests of W, and the forbidden forest in my dearly loved books but, it's been a while since I actually went there myself and heard the birds flapping their wings along with endless chirping.

I need to visit nature more.

I need to look at the moon more.

We only have so long on this earth and being with nature makes me feel like I'm 

-free-

Released of worries and free to roam a giant playground of imagination.

Make a difference in the world.

Don't sit inside all day lying on the couch with a beer in one hand and the remote in the other. 

When it's your turn to return to the earth, make people say when they look at the moon.

__________ once looked at the beauty of the moon.






6 comments:

  1. yes.yes.yes.yes.yes. I have been truly inspired. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great.

    I tried to say this in my post but failed next to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I have no words for this except thank you. I know what you mean when you talk about nature and the moon and not visiting the forest very much in person. And everything else. And how all those historic people lived on the same earth as us and looked at the same sky as us.
    What I'm trying and failing to say is that this is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete